SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Imported user accounts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
globespan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:31 pm    
Post subject: Imported user accounts

hi,
I imported some user accounts from Antamedia, however i'm not seeing the imported accounts. Is there anything else i need to do to be able to see the accounts?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:48 pm    
Post subject:

Did you use the import under Configuration Manager -> Users? You need to make sure the file format is correct first.

One way is to simply export once, open the exported userdata.csv file and then try to mimic the format there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:01 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,
I just tried what you said to mimic the userdata.csv file and I tried the import again but still nothing. I can't see the accounts.

thanks,
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:12 pm    
Post subject:

Did you see any special error within the bottom message Windows in the Configuration Manager when you import?

Can you post several lines of the userdata.csv file here?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:17 pm    
Post subject:

hi Alan,
this is from the userdata.csv
NAME PWD TIMELEFT BTUL BTDL ACCUMBW BWQUOTA BWCOUNT ACCUMBWUL BWQUOTAUL BWCOUNTUL ACCUMBWSHA BWQUOTASHA BWCOUNTSHA STATUS ATTEMPT STARTMOD EDATE SDATE LOGINS EMINUTES AUTO_DEL BWRMETHOD BWRPERIOD LASTRBW BWRDATE ANONYMOUS MACASUSR GROUPNAME PAGENUM REQSIGNUP ACL SIGNUPTIME SIGNUPMAC SIGNUP01 SIGNUP02 SIGNUP03 SIGNUP04 SIGNUP05 SIGNUP06 SIGNUP07 SIGNUP08 SIGNUP09 SIGNUP10 ROPTION RSDATE REDATE WEEKSCH RESETOPT MACMAP LOGINMAC IPMAP SITEID IBMSG_GLO IBMSG_PER LOGINSEG EMONTH EYEAR PORTFLT FAFLAG FAREGTIME ACCTYPE USED
100 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL
GSPAN100 8PAZCUV5 NULL 50 100 NULL 51200 2 NULL 51200 2 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL 'month' 1 NULL 1 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL
GSPAN101 9AL5P65B NULL 0 0 NULL NULL 0 NULL NULL 0 NULL 102400 2 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL 1440 NULL 'month' 1 NULL 1 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL
GSPAN102 M9K5EB4M NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL 1 NULL NULL 1 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL 'month' 1 NULL 1 NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL

This is the messages at the bottom after the import
Import done!
Number of records in the csv files: 404
Number of records successfully imported to FirstSpot fsusr database: 404
Number of records skipped due to duplicated username or same secert code found : 0

thanks,
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:22 pm    
Post subject:

So did you see the username at all?

Also, can you reduce the file to just one record and try to import again as a test?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,
No i'm not seeing the username at all. I just did as you suggested with 1 account as a test and the same thing.

Thanks,
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:39 pm    
Post subject:

Can you email us at firstspot@patronsoft.com your user data file so that we can take a look? Thanks.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:51 pm    
Post subject:

We received your file, thank you.

One more question : are you using the default datasource? I assume you haven't changed the datasource to MySQL or MS SQL. Can you confirm?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 pm    
Post subject:

correct, default data source, which is ODBC i think
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:51 am    
Post subject:

You need to put a single quote in the username and password fields, like:

Code:
'GSPAN100','8PAZCUV5',NULL,50,100,NULL,51200,2,NULL,51200,2,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'month',1,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:11 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,
I tried this and still nothing, it says that it was successfully imported but i'm still unable to see the account. I even exported the user accounts that are in the database and added 1 new record to test and the result is the same. Please see below

Import done!
Number of records in the csv files: 6
Number of records successfully imported to FirstSpot fsusr database: 1
Number of records skipped due to duplicated username or same secert code found : 5
Records with these usernames are skipped from import csv :
'alice'
'bruce'
'cat'
'sample'
'romeo'
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:47 am    
Post subject:

We improve the import error checking and hopefully this patch will unveil what is your exact import error. Please follow the below instruction:

1) make sure you are using v7.0.3

2) download the patch at http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/download/patch/704/improve_import_patch.zip

3) unzip and copy the common_functions.php file to FirstSpot\authserv directory (backup the original file first)

4) now, try to import again. Please note the error message in the message window. You might want to post the error message here if you still have difficulties.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:32 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,
here is the message with the error, however i did put in the single quotes before and after.

Import done!
Number of records in the csv files: 7
Number of records successfully imported to FirstSpot fsusr database: 0
Number of records skipped due to duplicated username or same secert code found : 6
Records with these usernames are skipped from import csv :
'alice'
'bruce'
'cat'
'sample'
'romeo'
'gspan100'
Number of records failed to insert : 1

Below is the list of usernames that fail to insert (error messages for the first ten rows are shown) :
gspan102','5392bd201138e32c2598e2af319f0e9b'
[Message]: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'gspan102','5392bd201138e32c2598e2af319f0e9b',NULL,20,20,0,NULL,1,0,NULL,1,0,NULL,0,0,0,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,43200,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'N',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0,NULL,NULL,0,0,0,NULL,0,NULL,NULL'.
[SQL]: INSERT INTO fsusr ( NAME,PWD,TIMELEFT,BTUL,BTDL,ACCUMBW,BWQUOTA,BWCOUNT,ACCUMBWUL,BWQUOTAUL,BWCOUNTUL,ACCUMBWSHA,BWQUOTASHA,BWCOUNTSHA,STATUS,ATTEMPT,STARTMOD,EDATE,SDATE,LOGINS,EMINUTES,AUTO_DEL,BWRMETHOD,BWRPERIOD,LASTRBW,BWRDATE,ANONYMOUS,MACASUSR,GROUPNAME,PAGENUM,REQSIGNUP,ACL,SIGNUPTIME,SIGNUPMAC,SIGNUP01,SIGNUP02,SIGNUP03,SIGNUP04,SIGNUP05,SIGNUP06,SIGNUP07,SIGNUP08,SIGNUP09,SIGNUP10,ROPTION,RSDATE,REDATE,WEEKSCH,RESETOPT,MACMAP,LOGINMAC,IPMAP,SITEID,IBMSG_GLO,IBMSG_PER,LOGINSEG,EMONTH,EYEAR,PORTFLT,FAFLAG,FAREGTIME,ACCTYPE,USED ) VALUES ( gspan102','5392bd201138e32c2598e2af319f0e9b',NULL,20,20,0,NULL,1,0,NULL,1,0,NULL,0,0,0,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,43200,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'N',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0,NULL,NULL,0,0,0,NULL,0,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0,NULL,0,NULL, )
globespan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:36 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan,
it seems as though excel is removing the leading quote, so what I did was put 2 single quotes at the beginning and tried the import again the the account was imported.
Will try with a few more accounts and let you know how this goes.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: