SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

User Extra Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crusher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 pm    
Post subject: User Extra Information

I have 4 Extra Information fields set up and marked as 'Required'. When a User logs on for the first time, the correct fields are displayed and the User must fill in the data. HOWEVER, when I go to look at the Extra Information on the Users page, I click on Show Extra Information and nothing happens.

Any suggestions???
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:52 am    
Post subject:

Maybe the end-users enter space or tab character? Note that it is quite hard to prevent user from entering "garbage" information.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:14 pm    
Post subject:

It is the Firstspot interface that does not show the info, not anything the User did. Sorry if I did not make that clear.
When I click on "Show Extra Information" nothing happens, it does not open an info screen displaying the information I need to see.

Alan, is there another way to access this info? What is the name of the file where this info is stored?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 pm    
Post subject:

Make sure you select the user correctly before clicking the "Show Extra Information" button. Also, please turn off the browser popup blocker.

The Extra Information Fields data is stored in the fields signup01-10 of table fsusr.

BTW, the new FirstSpot v7 will allow administrator to edit the Extra Information Fields in the Configuration Manager web UI directly, useful if you want to change or make note on the Extra Information filled in by the end-users.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am    
Post subject:

OK, I have popups unblocked, but still nothing when I click on Show Extra Information.
I was able to view the info in table FSUSR and that helped, but it would still be nice to be able to get this info via Show Extra Information. Can you think of any other reason this should not open a window with the entered information?
Thanks for your help.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:30 am    
Post subject:

So did you see the Windows popup at all? Or you see popup but it is blank inside?

Also, what browser are you currently using? Can you change browser and try again?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 pm    
Post subject:

I'm using Firefox 7.0.1 and with that I get no popup or window or anything. I switched to IE and it works fine.....must be a setting within Firefox that is causing the problem.
Thanks for your help....much appreciated!
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 am    
Post subject:

We confirm that this is an issue when using Firefox. This problem will be fixed in FirstSpot v7.0.4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: